A designer who codes? No way!
February 2011 - Present
- Communicate with clients to assess their needs and suggest solutions to their business problems.
- Research new development practices and match them to appropriate client needs.
- Develop and maintain websites powered by an in-house content management system.
- Develop modules for unique client needs.
- Wireframing and pre-planning user flow.
- Ensure site usability, SEO, semantic HTML, and browser compatibility.
Grant MacEwan University
November 2011 - Februaru 2012
- Instruct an intro to web design course for the continuing education department.
- Built lesson plans/code examples/ and tutorials for students.
Tanner Young Publishing
May 2010 - February 2011
- Focused on developing static HTML and CSS layouts for internal and client projects.
- Maintained over 15 client and company web sites.
- Design and develop websites from client brief until launch day.
- Worked to modernize companies’ development practices.
- Developed content managed websites with pre-existing systems(Joomla, Wordpress).
- Strong skills with markup languages. Acutely aware of cross-browser issues and solutions.
- Experience building websites for mobile with a strong testing process across multiple devices.
- Extensive experience with PHP as a server side language. Used to build custom CMS components as well as small database driven applications.
- Basic database design using both MySQL and SQL.
- Proficient with graphic programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
- 2 years experience in the web industry in both design and development roles.
- Able to appropriately prioritize and delegate tasks among a small agile team.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members and clients.
- Flexible in the development cycle. Able to fill front-end and back-end roles.
- Eager to expand skill set and apply cutting edge development practices.
- Graduated From Grant MacEwan Graphic design and Visual Communication with a digital media major in 2010